Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Truck that is Radiaton

Ok, I've only got 2 radiation treatments left:) Which is good, because I generally feel like I've been hit, repeatedly, by an enormous truck that has driven over me over and over again and then left me in the road only to be hit by a steamroller. AGGHHH!!!!!! I should bounce back within the next few weeks though. I go back to Boston on October 14 and see the doc on the 15th. Hopefully I won't cry in his office this time. This time, I'm bringing reinforcements. (thanks, Juhu!) I will not see the doc alone again, especially when I'm going to probably get scans again and those are always interesting, to say the least.

I guess I'm looking at chemo as the next fun treatment regimen. Hmmm. Can't wait for that. I'm not going to let that interfere with my planned trip to the wine country in December. I've not even had the energy to drink wine lately, which on my "sick o'meter" means I'm feeling pretty bad! I'll have to get over that in time to drink some stellar cabernet. Life's too short to miss out on the good wines at Joseph Phelps, etc. Maybe I get to keep my hair this time. That would be nice.

So I don't really have any wise words for everybody right now. I'll post again when I get back from Boston and recover from the Zometa and whatever else they throw at me. Halloween's just around the corner and it's almost time to decorate. It's still my favorite holiday! Makes me think of those years in San Fran when we used to go see all the thousands of people dressed up in the Castro district. Good times!

1 comment:

  1. Sofie,
    I hope you feel better quickly. At the very least, in time for drinking fine wine in California!! Hair grows back, as I have discovered.... Some days, I remember how nice it was to wake up with a bald head and not have to do anything but throw on a hat. Definitely take reinforcements with you, I learned that the hard way too. You are in my prayers!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete