Wednesday, September 8, 2010

More on my dad

Hi everyone,

I'll make this short. We took dad off of life support yesterday after docs announced that there was nothing else they could do to help him. His fever was still 104, and he required more and more support to keep his heart and lungs working. I wanted to be there when he passed on and considered staying all night but headed home to get caught up on work and everything else that I have to do. At 1 am I got "the call" and hurried to the hospital, but he'd already passed away at about 1:30 am. Just looking at him I knew his soul was gone and that he'd headed to a better place. At least we know that :)

Now to getting mom in a nursing home. At least she has Bonnie to care for her until then... Lord knows I could not do that. Thank you for all your prayers. We'll probably have a memorial service for dad in mid October so out of towners can come - he wants to be cremated.

Thanks for your thoughts and well wishes,
Sofie

2 comments:

  1. Sofie,

    I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sofie;
    Our hearts carry love support and grief with you. So Sorry. I will miss my woodworking buddy!
    Please let me know on the details of the service. We would like to come up for it.

    Also, we will come up and help with the house and shop, getting it cleaned up, fixed up or whatever your next step is out there.

    We can continue to utilize any shop things left over, let us know.....our shop carries on his love for woodworking and his equipment, we are working with it every day.

    Love you guys, stay focused.

    ReplyDelete