Monday, November 8, 2010

Dad's memorial

Well, some daughter I am. I forgot to mention that dad's memorial went very well! I had no idea how to have a memorial service and really didn't plan too much. So I just stood up and told his life story. It felt good to share his interesting life with everyone -- most folks there did not know him all that well or had not known him all of his life. So, even though I wasn't really excited about having the memorial in the beginning, it was nice to provide some punctuation at the end of his life. It was a warm and fuzzy Kodak kind of day.

For those of you that came, thank you so much! It meant a lot to have you there. I understand that due to travel constraints most relatives and family could not come. Knowing my father, he would have been just fine with that too!

I've got his ashes in the house now. We were going to sprinkle him in the ocean out here but I'm a bit undecided about that now. He was not a big beach guy here in North Carolina. I've got to think about where he'd like to rest for eternity. In the meantime, he's a great houseguest. Having him in the living room is kind of nice! I can talk to him and he has to listen! No matter what football game is on t.v., etc. :)

Hugs and kisses...

No comments:

Post a Comment