Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Moving on....

I've not posted lately, I know. I can't say I've been in the total doldrums because of the loss of my dad, although it obviously saddens me. I think I'm just trying to get on with my life but still trying to bury my head in the sand about the big "C" which is trying to rear its ugly head again. If I don't blog, I can sometimes forget, at least for a while.

Yes, the back pain has been ratcheting up again, despite loads of pain meds. Off for another MRI in Chapel Hill next week which will probably not show anything new to explain the pain increase because it usually doesn't (do I sound cynical or what?). I'm just anxious to find something new to help decrease the pain, something other than an opiate or traditional radiation (been there, done that).

Halloween is big in our house, so we're getting the house all decorated and ready. Our annual trick or treat event is on, so if you want to trick or treat with the kids, come on over! The only condition is that the adults also have to dress up :) It only comes once a year after all!

I hope that everyone is doing well and getting ready for the holiday season, which is just around the corner. (eeeekkkk) As for me, I'm just going to try and get some early shopping done and wait for our holiday travels to Amelia Island, Florida for Thanksgiving (lots of Santa events!) and to the Grove Park Inn in Asheville for Christmas. I could travel year round....

Lots of love to everyone,
Sofie

2 comments:

  1. So weird how I checked your blog today for the first time in a while and you posted!

    I'm going to try to convince Trent to go to your house for Halloween. We might have an oyster roast in our backyard the following week and would love to have you and the girls! You know how infrequently we entertain, so this is huge for us. ;)

    Love,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it wasn't clear "you" includes Geoff, of course!

    ReplyDelete